Tuesday, April 19, 2011

At long last! A Pendrell! (Sewaholic 1001)

Greetings earthlings! I’m pretty excited to FINALLY have some snapshots of the Pendrell to show all ya’ll tonight! I preordered the pattern (along with everyone else) and cut it out a few days after it arrived at my space hut. And there it sat. I’ve finally managed to get one stitched together; from a lovely voile from Tina Givens (alas, we don’t have it posted to our etsy site.) I’m seriously in love with this fabric, as it manages to blend together a dust bowl, 30’s vibe with a totally retro 70’s groove. How weird is that? Without further ado, here it is…

                     


          

I made this as a sample for the shop, although it will eventually come to live with me. Since it’s a sample, I decided to make a straight size 16, even though it’s a few inches too small at the bust, waist and hips! I figured if it didn’t work out, ah well… it’s a sample.

The end version ended up fitting fairly well! I don’t really like blousy shirts, and the Pendrell must have a few inches of ease built in. I was particularly surprised at how well the bust curve of the princess seams fit me! You can see from the back that I could certainly use a bit more room and I’ll probably do an FBA to add an inch or two for the next version. Also – holy COW, this shirt is long! But I love how the ruffles balance out my narrow shoulders.

I made view B, which is the two ruffle version. I also like version A, with the cool cap sleeve, but I really LOVE the little cap sleeves of version I made! I’m thinking my next Pendrell just may be another version B, but without the shoulder ruffles! I’ll probably also make the neck a bit more scooped – all you earthlings know that I like a bit of dip in my necklines to help the bust look a bit more perky!

I took a few full length shots – my hair was out of control, giving me a bit of a wanton look…

Also! I alluded to this on my facebook page earlier, but I stopped by the shop today to pick up my copy of the Crescent Skirt pattern (yes! we’re going to sell Sewaholic patterns in the shop! more on that soon!) and lo and behold there were also two brand new Colette patterns in the mail! I don’t even see them on the website yet, although I imagine they’ll be there any day, since they got shipped out to us! I took a snapshot of my three new lovely patterns! I already have my cutting scissors staking out the Crescent skirt, but I’m also super excited about the Violet blouse – Sarai made a super cute version for her Spring Palette Challenge (at least it looks like the same shirt…), and I’d really like to try to break out of my cami and cardigan rut… more shirts, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin